Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Day and Game Day

We went down to St. George for Thanksgiving this year.  All of Buz's extended Slaugh family went (we missed a few who couldn't make it) and we ended up having 30+ together for the big meal.  We had two turkeys that each weighed over twenty pounds, lots of potatoes, gravy, casseroles galore, and jello.  YUM!
What is this you ask?  That's right, Lily is starting to walk behind things.  She's only 9 months old!  I took her to the doctor, she weighs 13 lbs 13 oz, which is a whopping 0%!  How can something so small be walking already?  I don't know what to do with myself!
Our Thanksgiving Family
Buz got to go to the rivalry game this year, his brother got tickets and decided to take him.  Thanks Steve, Buz had a blast!  This is what Lily looked like when I came into her room after Buz got her ready for the day.
I took charge and got her ready in what she was really going to wear.  I bought this shirt online and shipped it to my parents house so Buz wouldn't know.  Dumb old me, I forgot and it was sitting on their table when he went over.  Surprise ruined.
I know they lost, but don't you think Lily looks better in this outfit?  I definitely do!

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love her little BYU shirt! She is the honestly the cutest thing. I can't believe my little guy weighs more than her... I guess my guy isn't so little.

Taryn and the boys said...

She looks darling. Sam and I did wear Red. But Isaac told us he was cheering for the blue and white guys, because he is going to BYU. We're so proud of him.

Vernos said...

It may be a "cuter outfit", But it'd be even cuter if it was RED!!! I love that you guys both have so much school spirit thought, you both get the spirit stick in my book!

Hailey said...

I still can't believe she's starting to walk! And even though I'm not a fan of BYU, I'd say blue is her color!

The Rich's said...

You both look so dang cute!!! We need to get together soon, definately before chirstmas.

Mackay Family said...

Love her in the blue! Go Cougs! I can't believe that she is already walking behind things. I love that she is so petite. She is adorable. Cute family pic on Thanksgiving!

Bronwen said...

I think I'm going to bring her a USC shirt for Christmas - just to further confuse that poor child! :) haha

The Reynolds Family said...

I just love your baby cougar!!:) She is a doll!
I laughed so hard at the memory you wrote on my wall... thanks for the reminder... those were good times!

Ashlee & Christian said...

I agree, she does look better in her BYU outfit. Too bad we weren't there to watch the game with you guys and we could have had both kiddos in their cute Y shirts, that would have been fun. Love the first picture with her walking and her onesie :)

Shawna Wilson said...

0% is our number as well! Taryn just had her 18 month checkup and she's finally made it onto the chart...1%! I love that picture of Lily pushing the toy, that's exactly what Taryn's legs look like in a onesie! Go skinny minnies!

lindsay said...

hi katherine! i saw your blog link on mal's page... lily is sooooo adarable!! congrats on such a beautiful family!

-lindsay newsome warren