Monday, June 23, 2008

More Surgery for Me!

So, I finally went to the doctor today.  For those of you who don't know, I have chronic cryptic tonsillitis, which I wouldn't recommend looking up online.  It's not so glamorous.  Since I've quit my job and Buz is self employed, we have been having the fun time of obtaining private health insurance.  It's not really so fun.  Buz and Lily were picked up no problem, but I was denied.  All because of my stupid tonsils.  So, Friday I am going under the knife, yet again, to get my tonsils out.  It doesn't sound too bad, the surgery only takes 10-15 minutes, recovery is 10 days.  But from what I've heard, it's a hellish 10 days.  Like, the most horrendous sore throat you can imagine.  Yipee!  I don't think anyone should have to have surgery twice in 4 months.  And yes, Friday is the 27th, and Lily was born February 28th, so it is within 4 months.  If anyone is bored and wants to come eat ice cream with me over the next 2 weeks, let me know!  Also, if anyone wants to sub a primary class...!!!
p.s. If you could keep me in your prayers too, I am a little nervous.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Oh, that sounds yucky! Good luck and let me know if I can help! I'm a really good babysitter. :)

Ashlee & Christian said...

oh man, I am so sorry. It is so hard to have surgery 2 times within a couple of months, I can sort of attest to that after having my appendectomy with a 2month old, but Carter wasn't a C-section. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Good luck. Wish I could be there to help you.

Jake and Kim said...

Kat! You poor thing. I didn't know any of this. I will be thinking/praying of and for you! I REALLLLLLLLLY wish I could sub your primary class. I am dead serious. But I teach the Beehives every Sunday and I will be out of town July 4th weekend. I seriously would sub for you even though I am not in your ward because I LOVE primary. Well anyways I hope it all goes well! You will do great. I will try to come visit you. Oh yeah I have a blog now. It's brand new so no pics or anything. jake-kim.blogspot.com ---love kim