Wednesday, January 28, 2009

11 Months

I realized today is the 28th.  Yes, it's now 6:15 p.m. and I'm finally getting around to paying attention as to what day it is.  BUT, this means that my baby is officially 11 months old.  And, being the dutiful blogger that I sometimes am, I thought I would grab a few shots of her fresh out of the tub and ready to relax for the evening.  I have to admit I'm having a little bit of a hard time coming to grips with the fact that in one month I will have a one year old.  Is there a specific time when you can't call your baby your baby anymore?  I think Lily will always be a baby to me.  So, when you see me in another four years, with x amount of kids in tow and I refer to "my baby" I warn you, don't automatically think I'm referring to the youngest.  If it's like this with each one, I'll be referring to which ever one I want.  I LOVE MY BABY!
   
A few new tricks:
Standing and balancing.  "Look Ma, no hands!"
Action shot...you guessed it, she's starting to take steps.  She's up to 8 or 9 at a time, and she'll go without being prodded or bribed!
She LOVES to sit on Daddy's lap at night and cuddle.  Well, not normal cuddling like most kids, but we take what we can get!  You can kind of tell, but her hair is getting long in the back (finally!) and it's going to be really curly!  Poor thing, stick straight in the front and wild in the back.

9 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Can you believe you almost have a one year old?

Tabitha said...

Jake is still my baby and always will be! I still call him that daily and he is almost 7!

Mackay Family said...

She is such a cutie! Crazy that she is taking steps! Tanner will always be my baby too.

Nordhoff Family said...

She seriously is the cutest thing ever. I really hope my baby girl is exactly like her!

Taryn and the boys said...

I can't believe she is really getting that old. And yes if you are anything like me you will still call her your baby for years to come. Isaac is almost 4 and he is still my baby. Even though I also have my baby Beckam and will also have baby ? in 10 days.

Ashlee & Christian said...

I agree on the baby idea, and I also am shocked that in one month Carter and Lily will be one. Wow! I can't believe she is already taking steps. That is exciting. And standing up on her own. Carter is too chicken and by no means daring at all. That is so fun though she is starting to walk.

Chelsea said...

Lily is so darling! The pictures of her are so fun to see; she's just a little doll! I can't believe she's almost one either!!

Vernos said...

Lily looks so much like you there!

Kristen said...

She is so beautiful!