Friday, January 15, 2010

Soles 4 Souls

So I sometimes, well usually, feel like when a major disaster strikes somewhere in the world, there's not much I can really do to help. I just got word about a charity called Soles 4 Souls that is gathering shoes for the people in Haiti. They're taking new or gently used shoes for the people there, and it's really important since there's so much rubble and glass, not to mention disease, etc. everywhere right now.
I've looked into it, and the shoes can be dropped off at the New Balance store in Salt Lake, as they are a participant for Soles 4 Souls. I know I have a few pair of Lily's shoes that are worn and scratched on the toes, but the soles are still sturdy, so I'm going to gather them up and take them down.
If any of you are interested in donating, my goal is to get them down to the store mid-week next week. All you need to do is rubber band the pair together.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll come pick them up from you either this weekend or early next week. It's really the least we can do. Thanks!
Check out the charity here.

4 comments:

Taryn and the boys said...

sam worked with haitian people in florida on his mission. he sent his donation into the redcross this week. thanks for helping out! oh and i have new pictures up check them out!

Nordhoff Family said...

We are in!!!

The Greenwoods said...

we have a bunch!! I would lvoe to get them to you!!!

Hailey said...

I have a couple of pairs too...count me in!