Monday, January 4, 2010

A Big Bed

Over Christmas break we decided it was time to transition Lily to a big girl bed! I'm kind of a wierdo and want her completely used to sleeping in the bed way before the baby comes so she doesn't feel like her crib's being stolen or that there's too much change at once. So, here's where we've gotten so far.
I kept the "theme" the same, the pictures were on her wall before, the crib was just underneath them.
We got this cute book shelf that she loves to sit by (and sometimes takes naps here too!)
The Eiffel Tower was in her old set-up too.
The bed and hutch were mine growing up, so I's still on the hunt for a few more things to fill the space!
And we checked on her the other day during nap time, she was sleeping across her pillow, not touching the bed at all! Silly girl. She won't let us pull the sheet and duvet onto her either. Kind of particular, you think?!?
And I just thought these were funny and cute. Lily loves to take her socks off and on, off and on, and she let me snap some photos this morning while she was doing what she does best!

11 comments:

Nordhoff Family said...

The bedroom looks great! You are so good at decorating!!! Here's to some great healthy meals to come :)

Katie Corbridge said...

Such a cute room! So stinkin' adorable! Good for you for getting her transitioned to the bed! You'll have to let me know how it goes and tips for when Landon transitions too!

Ulrich Family said...

I am getting ready to make the switch as well.. I am worried that london will fall out of bed she is kind of a wild sleeper. Has lilly fallen out at all?

Jess said...

So CUTE!!! And don't worry you are not too weird .... I did the same thing with liv a couple of months ago because I was so worried!!

Hailey said...

So fun to see it all put together! I love the pic of her on the pillow...what a silly goose!

Taryn and the boys said...

what a cutie! her room is coming together great. can't wait to see the new nursery. it was so fun being able to see you guys. come and visit sometime.

Vernos said...

SHe's just so darn adorable! Love her!

Kristen said...

So cute!!! Love the Paris theme...Love it, love it, love it! I can't believe how big she is, and now you have another little gal on the way!

Ashlee & Christian said...

The room looks adorable. I love the little book/quiet time area.

Shawna Wilson said...

I was going to ask where you found her cute bed set?! I need to get going on Taryn's big girl bed...I actually found a really cute headboard and footboard at the di back in the summer, it just needs to be sanded and repainted, but I love it. It's crazy how little they look in these beds! I love the colors in Lily's room and the cute little bookcase. Hope you are feeling well!

BTW - I don't think I ever thank'd you and everyone else who sent me the cute flowers. You guys are all so great, it really made my day...thanks for sending your love!

Jake and Kim said...

I sleep in a drawer!