Saturday, May 3, 2008

So, last weekend we ventured down to St. George. Buz was in a road bike ride called the Cactus Hugger on Saturday, so we decided to make a trip of it. He rode about 55ish miles with his dad, brother-in-law Dave, brother Steve, and Steve's father-in-law and brother-in-law. Quite the crowd, but it was great. Sorry, no pics, I can't seem to even think of getting out of the house any time before noon! It was great to get away, this is the first school break Buz has had in a while where he hasn't had to think...he studied for the GMAT during the past two breaks. So, it was a nice time. We took Lily swimming for the first time. I have a word of advice-no matter how bad you want to take your baby swimming, if she's napping and wakes up for half a second, this is not the time to put her in the pool. She was not the happiest camper the first time around. So, I gave her a day to forget about the awful experience, and tried again. She loved it! It took her a second to figure out what was going on, then she started kicking her legs under water. It was darling! My sister-in-law and her kids also went to St. George, along with my mother-in-law. Here's some cute pics of our adventure.
Getting ready for the pool.
Not so happy with the plans her parents had!
Lily's cousin Beckett decided he really likes Lily. He asks to hold her, kisses her, wraps his arms around her, pats her belly...!
The second try in the pool gave much greater results!
My cute niece Sloane. She loves the water!

6 comments:

Tai and Joe said...

Hey Kathryn, this is Tai Jeppson from the old ward. (Bishops's Goldsberry's sis)I saw you on Paiges blog and wanted to say hi! I think your little girl is darling, too cute. You look great too. taiandjoe.blogspot.com

Jacy Leany said...

Oh so cute!! Love the leopard swimsuit!!
Sounds like a grat trip!!

Jacy Leany said...

Wait... is that leopard? Or zebra? Wow!! I am struggling here!
Anyway, whatever it is... I love it!
Love you guys!

Vernos said...

I love the leopard print suit, how you found one small enough, I am amazed! I'm glad it went well, she's so dang cute:)

Nordhoff Family said...

She really is so adorable Kat! I want Logan to date her for sure.

Ashlee & Christian said...

I am so glad you posted your comment on my blog about how you think Lily and Carter look alike. I have been thinking the same thing. Especially the first picture on this post where she is in her swimsuit getting ready for the pool. They really do look alike. What cute cousins! I can't wait to see you guys too and meet Lilly. We are looking forward to it and getting really excited to see everyone and getting all the cousins together.